The DPCA - Juniors Initiative
About the Program
Mission and Purpose:
Rear L-R: Ashlee Clagett, Mallary Ross, Raquel Wright
Front L-R: Marianna Gonzales, Abigail Adams
The Juniors Program was started in 2013. The DPCA realizes that our children our the window to our future. The primary goal of the program is to promote and encourage
juniors to participate in the sport of American Kennel Club purebred dog events
with Dobermans, as well as to become active in the Doberman Pinscher Club of
Juniors are important to the future of the sport of purebred dogs and responsible dog ownership. The more they learn, the more valuable they become to society.
The values, attitudes and responsibility learned through Junior Showmanship will serve youngsters well throughout their lives. By putting time and effort into learning about their dog and how to train, groom and present it, juniors are rewarded with many life lessons.. One of the charters of the Doberman Pinscher Club of America is; "To otherwise preserve and protect the Doberman Pinscher and to do all things possible to bring its natural qualities to perfection".
The highlights of the DPCA Juniors Program are:
DPCA National Specialty:
The DPCA offers History of our Breed, Conformation Presentation, Agility and Obedience Training seminars and activities to our Juniors, at no cost, during National week
Our Juniors are offered an opportunity to compete in the Junior Showmanship event at our National where a Scholarship,
a framed certificate, and the DPCA gold tone medallion, as well as a perpetual Bronze Trophy
are offered for Best Jr handler
Gift Bags for all Junior entrants in Showmanship Class at the DPCA National
"Class Photo" of all Juniors entered in Junior Showmanship at the National by Winning Image for publication on the DPCA Website & Pipeline upon competition of Junior Showmanship judging at the National
Individual framed 5x7 photos of Junior Showmanship entrants
Junior Jamboree Pizza Party for Juniors entered in Showmanship at the DPCA National
Top Ten Showcase/Exhibition at the DPCA National for the Previous Year’s Top Ten Juniors with personally inscribed rosettes given to the AKC Top Ten Doberman Junior handlers of the previous year
Best Junior Handler at the National:
- Best Junior Handler Scholarship ($500)
- The Doberman Pinscher Club of America offers the Official Gold Toned Doberman Pinscher Club of America Medallion 2 ½ inch Featuring A Doberman Head on the Obverse & a Full Doberman on the Reverse
- Foxfire Dobermans offers a Perpetual Trophy, a bronze sculpture of a Doberman & Globe on a base~“Take On The World”~ by Danny Quest. Offered through the Doberman Pinscher Club Of America at its National Specialty only. The winner will receive a commemorative certificate. Each winner will have their named inscribed on base which is donated and created by Heartwood Dobermans
Scholarships and Travel Expenses:
- We will offer a $500 scholarship to the Junior who wins Best Junior Handler at each DPCA National
- We will offer $500 for travel expenses to any Junior that attends Westminster as well as $500 for travel expenses AKC/Eukanuba dog show with a Doberman. Click on the "Travel" tab for more information
A DPCA member is available to answer all inquires and offer advice to juniors and parents who are currently involved, or want to participate, in the sport.
The DPCA offers a reduced fee to become a Junior member of the DPCA.
The DPCA offers $500 for travel expenses to any DPCA Junior Member who qualifies to compete with a Doberman in Junior Showmanship at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. The DPCA offers $500 for travel expenses to any DPCA Junior Member who qualifies to compete with a Doberman in Junior Showmanship at the AKC Eukanuba National Invitational. These will be provided to show DPCA’s support and pride of juniors achieving this accomplishment with a Doberman.
Guidelines to qualify for this are as follows:
- Monies only awarded for those qualifying in the calendar year prior to the attendance of the Westminster Kennel Club Junior Showmanship and/or AKC/Eukanuba National Championship Dog Show Junior Showmanship program.
- Junior has fulfilled the requirements to participate in the Junior Showmanship Competition at the Westminster Kennel Club and/or the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship Dog Shows with a Doberman.
- Junior Showmanship entry with noted requirements is submitted and accepted to Westminster Kennel Club and/or AKC/Eukanuba National Championship Dog Shows.
- Acknowledgement of show entry will be photocopied and forwarded to the Doberman Pinscher Club of America Junior Liaison. If junior is under 18 years, name and address of parent/guardian must be included as check will be issued in his/her name. (Priority mail with delivery of confirmation/tracking is recommended.)
- Junior will receive the money within 15 days of the Junior Liaison sending information to the DPCA Treasurer. This will be PRIOR to the date of the show(s) if at all possible.
- Should the junior be unable to attend, the money must be returned by recipient to the DPCA Junior Liaison within 90 days of the show(s). (Priority mail with delivery of confirmation/tracking is recommended.)
- Juniors may qualify for both a Westminster Kennel Club and AKC/Eukanuba National Championship Dog Shows travel expense ($1,000 total) during the same year.
- Juniors applying for Westminister/Eukanuba expenses reimbursement must apply for reimbursement within 90 days after the conclusion of the event for which they are requesting reimbursement.
Click on the "Forms, Media, & Links" tab for a Travel Expense Application
These Junior handlers have earned a $500 Scholarship by winning Best Junior Handler at the DPCA National.
2015 Top 20 Juniors
|Rank||Junior Name||Best/Top Jr Wins||Class Wins||Total Defeated|
|5||Ashlee Jeanne Claggett||0||0||17|
2014 Top 20 Juniors
|Rank||Junior Name||Best/Top Jr Wins||Class Wins||Total Defeated|
|5||Mallary Quin Ross||7||8||193|
|9||Ricki Lynne King||4||11||85|
|11||Ashlee Jeanne Claggett||8||10||75|
2013 Top 10 Juniors
|Ranking||Junior Handler and Dog|
Mallary Ross and Avril
Mallary Ross Number One Doberman Junior 2012 AKC Stats and Number One Working Group Jr 2012
Karlee Howard and Risiko
Taylor Swartz and Evita
Mariana Gonzalez and Serena
Alexis Truesdail and Boss
|Ricki Lynne Smith|
Raquel Wright and Throttle
Kacie Foelker and Boomer
Ashlee Claggett and Chazz
Our 2013 National Junior Jamboree Pizza Party was a huge success
Guests of Honor are Dylan Kipp who won Westminster Best Junior with a Doberman & All Time Top Winning Junior Handler with well over 100 Best Junior Handler wins; and Trevor Miller who is a Juniors Judge.
This portrait of "Jade" (CH Foxfire's All That Jazz) was commissioned by a group of Junior Handlers as a surprise for Michelle Santana, to show their appreciation for all that she has done for them. One of the Juniors, Ashlee Claggett, wrote: "Michelle Santana...a very special person...has done so much for the juniors; she has initiated many great programs to help us reach the stars. ...Last night, we presented Michelle with the Jade portrait. She absolutely loves it! She cried, laughed, and thought it was just magnificent." Jade was Michelle's "heart dog".
The DPCA Junior Handlers who gave this gift are Ashlee Claggett, Kacie Foelker, Mallary Ross, Karlee Ann Howard, Taylor Rae Schwartz, Lulu Wright and Danielle Schmitt.dd..
Forms and Media
It takes money to keep this program viable and this is where YOU can help!! Juniors are the FUTURE of our breed and programs such as this go a long way to ensure our juniors get the support and foundation they need to be successful.