Do Not Induce Vomiting If Your Dog:
1. Swallows an acid, alkali, solvent or heavy-duty cleaner;
2. Is severely depressed or comatose;
3. Swallows a petroleum product;
4. Swallows tranquilizers (which prevent vomiting);
5. Swallows sharp objects (which could lodge in the esophagus or perforate the stomach);
6. Or if more than two hours have passed since the poison was swallowed.
Induce Vomiting By Giving:
1. Syrup of ipecac (one teaspoonful per ten pounds body weight)
2. Hydrogen peroxide 3% (one to three teaspoonfuls every ten minutes; repeat three times);
3. One half to one teaspoonful of salt, placed at the back of the tongue.